ND Tiwari`s plea dismissed, Rs 75K fine imposed
New Delhi: The Delhi High court Friday dismissed the application of former Andhra Pradesh governor ND Tiwari seeking changes in the paternity suit filed by a lawyer who is claiming to be his biological son.
Justice S. Ravindra Bhat, while dismissing Tiwari`s application, also imposed a cost of Rs.75,000 on him.
Tiwari, through his application raised objections to the additional facts incorporated by Rohit Shekhar in his fresh paternity suit. He said that Rohit should have sought the court`s permission to amend the suit with the new fact that he had tried to meet Tiwari at an airport in 2005.
The apex court had May 10 dismissed the appeal filed by Tiwari challenging the high court`s decision to adjudicate the paternity suit.
Rohit claimed that he was born out of a relationship between his mother Ujjwala Sharma and Tiwari, a charge denied by the Congress leader. Tiwari had earlier refused to undergo DNA test on Rohit`s plea and denied ever having any physical relationship with his mother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH