ND Tiwari`s plea dismissed, Rs 75K fine imposed
New Delhi: The Delhi High court Friday dismissed the application of former Andhra Pradesh governor ND Tiwari seeking changes in the paternity suit filed by a lawyer who is claiming to be his biological son.
Justice S. Ravindra Bhat, while dismissing Tiwari`s application, also imposed a cost of Rs.75,000 on him.
Tiwari, through his application raised objections to the additional facts incorporated by Rohit Shekhar in his fresh paternity suit. He said that Rohit should have sought the court`s permission to amend the suit with the new fact that he had tried to meet Tiwari at an airport in 2005.
The apex court had May 10 dismissed the appeal filed by Tiwari challenging the high court`s decision to adjudicate the paternity suit.
Rohit claimed that he was born out of a relationship between his mother Ujjwala Sharma and Tiwari, a charge denied by the Congress leader. Tiwari had earlier refused to undergo DNA test on Rohit`s plea and denied ever having any physical relationship with his mother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day