NDA alliance intact: Nitish Kumar
Patna: With a survey indicating that the NDA will increase its tally in the 2014 polls if the JD(U) and BJP remain together and both parties will lose seats in case of parting, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said that the alliance is `intact`.
"The NDA alliance is intact. Alliance gives constituents freedom to express opinion on any issue and there is no harm in this," Kumar told reporters.
Asked about the fate of the NDA if Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is projected as the Prime Ministerial candidate by the BJP, Kumar said "We should not talk in terms of ifs and buts."
NDA has 34 of 40 Lok Sabha seats in Bihar at present with JD(U) having 22 and BJP 12.
On reports of him snubbing BJP MP Kirti Azad at Darbhanga, Kumar said "I am shocked to see such things in the media ... Nothing like this happened ... The issue has been blown out of proportion.
"It is the priority of the government whether to invite an MP to such a meeting," he said on Azad`s allegation that as a public representative he was not allowed to raise issues related to water-logging.
Asked about his `who has seen the future` remark which triggered speculation about possibility of a parting of ways between the JD(U) and BJP, Kumar replied that he had said so in a general context.
"When there is no certainty of life then who can say in definite terms about the future," he said seeking to clarify that it was not specific to ties between the two parties which is witnessing strain in the wake of the JD(U) sharpening attack on Narendra Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...