NDA allies have no veto power on PM candidate: BJP
Ahmedabad: Asserting that NDA allies have no veto power on BJP`s choice of prime ministerial candidate, party leader Ravi Shankar Prasad said even Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had acknowledged in the past that the nominee would be from the saffron party.
"BJP is part of NDA and we respect all our allies. But one thing is clear that the prime ministerial candidate will be of BJP and none of our allies has a veto power on this matter," Prasad told a press conference.
The party`s renewed aggression came in the backdrop of Congress` bid to cut down Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi after the recently-held Karnataka Assembly elections.
Responding to a query on the strident opposition from Kumar to Modi`s projection as the Prime Ministerial candidate, Prasad said, "Nitish Kumar too said publicly in the past that PM candidate will be from BJP."
The Deputy Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha evaded direct reply to a query if Modi will be BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for 2014 elections.
"Modiji is one of our most respected and popular leaders. Our Parliamentary Board will discuss and decide that issue. Unlike Congress, we are not a family-run party," he said. Prasad was here to announce the party`s nationwide agitation from May 27-June 2 against the UPA`s corruption.
"During the UPA rule, there were major 12-13 big scams. Congress and UPA-led Central government is the most corrupt government since Independence," he alleged.
Continuing his party`s attack on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Prasad said the principal opposition party wanted Singh`s resignation over the lack of "accountability".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM