NDA assails Lalu Yadav
Patna: NDA partners JD(U) and BJP today
assailed RJD chief Lalu Prasad for his remark that no upper
caste person could dream of becoming the Chief Minister of
Bihar given his social engineering.
State JD-U chief Vijay Kumar Choudhary said it showed
Prasad`s desperation "as he has become incapable of fighting
against NDA, which enjoys support from every section of the
Ridiculing Prasad for his statement that upper caste
people were like "brothers", he said it proved beyond doubt
that Prasad has accepted the fact that he has always believed
in division of society on the basis of caste and creed.
"In fact, Lalu Prasad and his alliance is set to face a
rout in the October-November assembly polls," he claimed,
adding JD-U stood for support from all sections - Muslims,
upper castes, backwards or Dalits to ensure Bihar`s
Lambasting Prasad, BJP state president C P Thakur said
Prasad`s statement was intended to create a divide among
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi