NDA cadet dies after heart attack
Pune: A 19-year-old cadet at the National Defence Academy (NDA) here passed away Saturday morning after suffering a massive heart attack during training a day ago, official sources said.
K. Vignesh, hailing from Chennai, was a third term cadet at the NDA. He suffered a cardiac arrest while on a training run Friday evening.
He was immediately helped by fellow cadets and conducting officers who rushed him to the military hospital where he was taken under the care of specialist medicos.
Later in the night, he was shifted to the hospital`s cardio-thoracic centre, where cardiologists and a team of experts attended to him.
However, he could not be revived. His distraught parents were informed and they reached Pune Saturday, the sources said.
This is the second incident of its kind at the NDA in the past three-and-half years.
On July 2, 2009, a 19-year-old cadet, Nitesh Gaur of Bhopal, fell down and died while taking part in a 14-km long cross-country run as part of the training course.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security