NDA cadet dies after heart attack
Pune: A 19-year-old cadet at the National Defence Academy (NDA) here passed away Saturday morning after suffering a massive heart attack during training a day ago, official sources said.
K. Vignesh, hailing from Chennai, was a third term cadet at the NDA. He suffered a cardiac arrest while on a training run Friday evening.
He was immediately helped by fellow cadets and conducting officers who rushed him to the military hospital where he was taken under the care of specialist medicos.
Later in the night, he was shifted to the hospital`s cardio-thoracic centre, where cardiologists and a team of experts attended to him.
However, he could not be revived. His distraught parents were informed and they reached Pune Saturday, the sources said.
This is the second incident of its kind at the NDA in the past three-and-half years.
On July 2, 2009, a 19-year-old cadet, Nitesh Gaur of Bhopal, fell down and died while taking part in a 14-km long cross-country run as part of the training course.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city