NDA cadet dies after heart attack
Pune: A 19-year-old cadet at the National Defence Academy (NDA) here passed away Saturday morning after suffering a massive heart attack during training a day ago, official sources said.
K. Vignesh, hailing from Chennai, was a third term cadet at the NDA. He suffered a cardiac arrest while on a training run Friday evening.
He was immediately helped by fellow cadets and conducting officers who rushed him to the military hospital where he was taken under the care of specialist medicos.
Later in the night, he was shifted to the hospital`s cardio-thoracic centre, where cardiologists and a team of experts attended to him.
However, he could not be revived. His distraught parents were informed and they reached Pune Saturday, the sources said.
This is the second incident of its kind at the NDA in the past three-and-half years.
On July 2, 2009, a 19-year-old cadet, Nitesh Gaur of Bhopal, fell down and died while taking part in a 14-km long cross-country run as part of the training course.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?