NDA cadet dies after heart attack
Pune: A 19-year-old cadet at the National Defence Academy (NDA) here passed away Saturday morning after suffering a massive heart attack during training a day ago, official sources said.
K. Vignesh, hailing from Chennai, was a third term cadet at the NDA. He suffered a cardiac arrest while on a training run Friday evening.
He was immediately helped by fellow cadets and conducting officers who rushed him to the military hospital where he was taken under the care of specialist medicos.
Later in the night, he was shifted to the hospital`s cardio-thoracic centre, where cardiologists and a team of experts attended to him.
However, he could not be revived. His distraught parents were informed and they reached Pune Saturday, the sources said.
This is the second incident of its kind at the NDA in the past three-and-half years.
On July 2, 2009, a 19-year-old cadet, Nitesh Gaur of Bhopal, fell down and died while taking part in a 14-km long cross-country run as part of the training course.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH