`NDA govt likely to name Governors for seven states tomorrow`
Zee Media Bureau/ Neha Attre
New Delhi: The central government is likely to announce soon the names of governors to be appointed in seven states, as per news reports on Saturday.
The new appointments by the NDA government are set to take place after the governors of the states were reportedly asked to step down as they were appointed by the previous UPA government.
The names of the governors are likely to be declared on Sunday.
Uttar Pradesh Governor BL Joshi, Chhattisgarh Governor Shekhar Dutt and Nagaland Governor Ashwani Kumar had earlier stepped down from their respective posts.
MK Narayanan (West Bengal) and BV Wanchoo (Goa) put in their papers later, after being questioned in connection with a chopper scam.
Meanwhile, Karnataka Governor HR Bhardwaj and Tripura Governor Devanand Konwar retired.
Bhardwaj was the Law Minister in UPA-I government while Konwar was a former Congress minister in Assam.
Both were appointed as Governors of their respective states in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days