`NDA govt likely to name Governors for seven states tomorrow`
Zee Media Bureau/ Neha Attre
New Delhi: The central government is likely to announce soon the names of governors to be appointed in seven states, as per news reports on Saturday.
The new appointments by the NDA government are set to take place after the governors of the states were reportedly asked to step down as they were appointed by the previous UPA government.
The names of the governors are likely to be declared on Sunday.
Uttar Pradesh Governor BL Joshi, Chhattisgarh Governor Shekhar Dutt and Nagaland Governor Ashwani Kumar had earlier stepped down from their respective posts.
MK Narayanan (West Bengal) and BV Wanchoo (Goa) put in their papers later, after being questioned in connection with a chopper scam.
Meanwhile, Karnataka Governor HR Bhardwaj and Tripura Governor Devanand Konwar retired.
Bhardwaj was the Law Minister in UPA-I government while Konwar was a former Congress minister in Assam.
Both were appointed as Governors of their respective states in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it