NDA govt would offer zero-interest loans to farmers: Gadkari
Bhopal: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Sunday said that if the NDA came to power after the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, farmers would be given zero-interest loans.
Addressing `Atal Kisan Mahapanchayat` (mega-gathering of farmers) organised by BJP here, Gadkari said BJP government in Madhya Pradesh had already decided to give zero-interest loans to farmers, with (retrospective) effect from April 1 this year, and "I do not see any reason why this cannot be emulated at the Centre if the NDA comes to power."
Terming the UPA government as "enemy of farmers", he said it was incapable of taking any pro-farmers decision.
Gadkari praised Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan for the fact that state had clocked 18 per cent growth in agriculture, saying it was unparallelled in the country.
Under Chouhan`s leadership, the state was shedding its `BIMARU` tag, he said.
The purpose of Mahapanchayat was to felicitate the chief minister for his decision to give zero-interest loans to farmers, and to ask the Centre to roll back the hike in fertiliser prices, Gadkari said.
Speaking on this occasion, Chouhan too criticised the hike in fertiliser prices. If the hike was not reversed, BJP would intensify its agitation, he said.
Apart from Gadkari, party general secretary Ananth Kumar, former BJP president Rajnath Singh, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and general secretaries Narendra Singh Tomar and Thawar Chand Gehlot were present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31