NDA govt would offer zero-interest loans to farmers: Gadkari
Bhopal: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Sunday said that if the NDA came to power after the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, farmers would be given zero-interest loans.
Addressing `Atal Kisan Mahapanchayat` (mega-gathering of farmers) organised by BJP here, Gadkari said BJP government in Madhya Pradesh had already decided to give zero-interest loans to farmers, with (retrospective) effect from April 1 this year, and "I do not see any reason why this cannot be emulated at the Centre if the NDA comes to power."
Terming the UPA government as "enemy of farmers", he said it was incapable of taking any pro-farmers decision.
Gadkari praised Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan for the fact that state had clocked 18 per cent growth in agriculture, saying it was unparallelled in the country.
Under Chouhan`s leadership, the state was shedding its `BIMARU` tag, he said.
The purpose of Mahapanchayat was to felicitate the chief minister for his decision to give zero-interest loans to farmers, and to ask the Centre to roll back the hike in fertiliser prices, Gadkari said.
Speaking on this occasion, Chouhan too criticised the hike in fertiliser prices. If the hike was not reversed, BJP would intensify its agitation, he said.
Apart from Gadkari, party general secretary Ananth Kumar, former BJP president Rajnath Singh, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and general secretaries Narendra Singh Tomar and Thawar Chand Gehlot were present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India