NDA govt would offer zero-interest loans to farmers: Gadkari
Bhopal: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Sunday said that if the NDA came to power after the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, farmers would be given zero-interest loans.
Addressing `Atal Kisan Mahapanchayat` (mega-gathering of farmers) organised by BJP here, Gadkari said BJP government in Madhya Pradesh had already decided to give zero-interest loans to farmers, with (retrospective) effect from April 1 this year, and "I do not see any reason why this cannot be emulated at the Centre if the NDA comes to power."
Terming the UPA government as "enemy of farmers", he said it was incapable of taking any pro-farmers decision.
Gadkari praised Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan for the fact that state had clocked 18 per cent growth in agriculture, saying it was unparallelled in the country.
Under Chouhan`s leadership, the state was shedding its `BIMARU` tag, he said.
The purpose of Mahapanchayat was to felicitate the chief minister for his decision to give zero-interest loans to farmers, and to ask the Centre to roll back the hike in fertiliser prices, Gadkari said.
Speaking on this occasion, Chouhan too criticised the hike in fertiliser prices. If the hike was not reversed, BJP would intensify its agitation, he said.
Apart from Gadkari, party general secretary Ananth Kumar, former BJP president Rajnath Singh, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and general secretaries Narendra Singh Tomar and Thawar Chand Gehlot were present.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case