NDA leaders lambast UPA over monthly diesel price hike
Patna: NDA on Saturday lambasted the UPA government for its decision to hike diesel prices every month and said a meeting of alliance partners would be convened to chalk out a strategy to be adopted during the upcoming Budget Session of Parliament on price rise.
NDA convenor and JD(U) President Sharad Yadav said, from the day Congress came to power, price rise, corruption and unemployment have been a routine feature.
The opposition alliance will be holding a meeting to chalk out its strategy to corner the government on price rise during Budget session of Parliament starting from February 21, he said.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, who is a senior leader of the party said till the time Congress is in power at the Centre it will be difficult to tame price rise.
"Congress feels happy when price of essential commodities rise," Kumar told reporters on the sidelines of a function here when asked to comment on the rise of prices of diesel and onion.
BJP leader and party spokesman Shahnawaz Hussain hitting out at the Centre said, "Congress is increasing prices of essential commodities in an undignified way ... Till the time Congress is in power, price rise will be a regular feature."
"Congress can order rise in prices of diesel by 40-50 paise every month but it should know that it is losing 40-50 voters daily due to this. It is running the UPA government only to serve the interest of companies," he said emerging from the filing of nomination of JD(U) candidate K C Tyagi for Rajya Sabha.
He alleged that "the UPA government has no policy and Congress is running it to serve the interest of the companies."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS