NDA ministers not to appoint PS from previous regime: Govt
New Delhi: The government has issued guidelines for NDA ministers not to appoint any officer who has worked in the last regime as their personal staff, the Rajya Sabha was informed Thursday.
"Due to administrative requirements, government has issued guidelines that any officer, official or private person, who has worked earlier as the personal staff of a minister, may not be appointed as the personal staff of ministers in the present government," Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Jitendra Singh said in a written reply.
Subsequently, certain relaxations have been given according to which the said guidelines shall apply only in respect of Private Secretary, Officer on Special Duty, Additional Private Secretary, Assistant Private Secretary and First PA who have worked in the personal staff of any minister for any duration during the last 10 years which is to be reckoned from June 19, 2014, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family