NDA on ventilator, needs oxygen from Advani: JD-U
New Delhi: The National Democratic Alliance (NDA) remains on "ventilator" and needs "oxygen" from BJP leader LK Advani, who has quit all party posts, the Janata Dal-United said on Tuesday.
"NDA is still on ventilator and needs oxygen from Advani. Now that Atalji (Atal Bihari Vajpayee) is sick and Advaniji is gone, we don`t know who to look at," said party leader KC Tyagi.
"Advaniji`s resignation is a very serious issue. He was a key NDA founder. We will have to think twice about this coalition now," Tyagi added.
"The power has gone from Advani to somewhere else," he said, alluding to Advani`s dramatic decision to give up party posts after Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was named to head the BJP`s next Lok Sabha campaign committee.
The JD-U on Monday said it would be tough for it to remain with the NDA if Advani was no more a key part of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living