NDA on ventilator, needs oxygen from Advani: JD-U
New Delhi: The National Democratic Alliance (NDA) remains on "ventilator" and needs "oxygen" from BJP leader LK Advani, who has quit all party posts, the Janata Dal-United said on Tuesday.
"NDA is still on ventilator and needs oxygen from Advani. Now that Atalji (Atal Bihari Vajpayee) is sick and Advaniji is gone, we don`t know who to look at," said party leader KC Tyagi.
"Advaniji`s resignation is a very serious issue. He was a key NDA founder. We will have to think twice about this coalition now," Tyagi added.
"The power has gone from Advani to somewhere else," he said, alluding to Advani`s dramatic decision to give up party posts after Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was named to head the BJP`s next Lok Sabha campaign committee.
The JD-U on Monday said it would be tough for it to remain with the NDA if Advani was no more a key part of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest