NDA on ventilator, needs oxygen from Advani: JD-U
New Delhi: The National Democratic Alliance (NDA) remains on "ventilator" and needs "oxygen" from BJP leader LK Advani, who has quit all party posts, the Janata Dal-United said on Tuesday.
"NDA is still on ventilator and needs oxygen from Advani. Now that Atalji (Atal Bihari Vajpayee) is sick and Advaniji is gone, we don`t know who to look at," said party leader KC Tyagi.
"Advaniji`s resignation is a very serious issue. He was a key NDA founder. We will have to think twice about this coalition now," Tyagi added.
"The power has gone from Advani to somewhere else," he said, alluding to Advani`s dramatic decision to give up party posts after Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was named to head the BJP`s next Lok Sabha campaign committee.
The JD-U on Monday said it would be tough for it to remain with the NDA if Advani was no more a key part of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam