NDA plan for development of northeast a comprehensive roadmap: Rijiju
New Delhi: The NDA`s plan for development of the northeast is a comprehensive roadmap that hasn`t come from any government till now, Union minister Kiren Rijiju on Monday claimed.
"Never before such a comprehensive roadmap for the development of northeast has come from any government," the Minister of State for Home told reporters here when asked about the plan outlined by the government for the development of the region in the Presidential address.
Rijiju, who was elected to the Lok Sabha from Arunachal Pradesh, said whether it is about strengthening of border or linking northeast with rail or road to the rest of the country, the future envisioned by the government for the region is very good.
"The future is bright," he said.
Addressing the joint session of Parliament, President Pranab Mukherjee said expansion of Railways in hilly states and northeast region and modernisation of rail safety systems will be prime focus areas of the Narendra Modi government.
"The government will lay special emphasis on improving the intra-region connectivity and border infrastructure in the northeast as well as in Jammu & Kashmir.
The issue of infiltration and illegal immigrants in the northeast will be tackled on priority and all pending fencing work along the northeastern border will be completed," the President said.
Rijiju said it was the duty of every member in the Union Council of Ministers to turn Modi`s dream of overall development of the country into a reality.
"The President has laid down the broad policy of the government. We are duty-bound to follow that and translate the vision of our leader Prime Minister Narendra Modi... His dream into reality. It is the duty of every member of the Council of Ministers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why