NDA plan for development of northeast a comprehensive roadmap: Rijiju
New Delhi: The NDA`s plan for development of the northeast is a comprehensive roadmap that hasn`t come from any government till now, Union minister Kiren Rijiju on Monday claimed.
"Never before such a comprehensive roadmap for the development of northeast has come from any government," the Minister of State for Home told reporters here when asked about the plan outlined by the government for the development of the region in the Presidential address.
Rijiju, who was elected to the Lok Sabha from Arunachal Pradesh, said whether it is about strengthening of border or linking northeast with rail or road to the rest of the country, the future envisioned by the government for the region is very good.
"The future is bright," he said.
Addressing the joint session of Parliament, President Pranab Mukherjee said expansion of Railways in hilly states and northeast region and modernisation of rail safety systems will be prime focus areas of the Narendra Modi government.
"The government will lay special emphasis on improving the intra-region connectivity and border infrastructure in the northeast as well as in Jammu & Kashmir.
The issue of infiltration and illegal immigrants in the northeast will be tackled on priority and all pending fencing work along the northeastern border will be completed," the President said.
Rijiju said it was the duty of every member in the Union Council of Ministers to turn Modi`s dream of overall development of the country into a reality.
"The President has laid down the broad policy of the government. We are duty-bound to follow that and translate the vision of our leader Prime Minister Narendra Modi... His dream into reality. It is the duty of every member of the Council of Ministers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda