NDA regime was better at handling graft: SP leader
Agra: Three days after he "supported" the Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s style of functioning, senior SP leader Ram Gopal Yadav today said corruption is rampant in UPA rule and the BJP-led NDA government was better at handling graft.
When asked about his party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav`s statement yesterday, in which he praised BJP leader L K Advani, Ram Gopal said, "cases of corruption are glaring during this government while they were less in the NDA rule."
On March 20, Ram Gopal had said that former NDA dispensation was "more cohesive" and Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s style of functioning better.
"The style of functioning of Atal Bihari Vajpayee, I would say, was better than this present (UPA) government. I would say NDA`s coalition was more cohesive," SP General Secretary Ram Gopal had said.
He was today speaking here with media during inauguration function of super speciality service of Rainbow hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez