NDA regime was better at handling graft: SP leader
Agra: Three days after he "supported" the Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s style of functioning, senior SP leader Ram Gopal Yadav today said corruption is rampant in UPA rule and the BJP-led NDA government was better at handling graft.
When asked about his party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav`s statement yesterday, in which he praised BJP leader L K Advani, Ram Gopal said, "cases of corruption are glaring during this government while they were less in the NDA rule."
On March 20, Ram Gopal had said that former NDA dispensation was "more cohesive" and Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s style of functioning better.
"The style of functioning of Atal Bihari Vajpayee, I would say, was better than this present (UPA) government. I would say NDA`s coalition was more cohesive," SP General Secretary Ram Gopal had said.
He was today speaking here with media during inauguration function of super speciality service of Rainbow hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt