NDA regime was better at handling graft: SP leader
Agra: Three days after he "supported" the Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s style of functioning, senior SP leader Ram Gopal Yadav today said corruption is rampant in UPA rule and the BJP-led NDA government was better at handling graft.
When asked about his party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav`s statement yesterday, in which he praised BJP leader L K Advani, Ram Gopal said, "cases of corruption are glaring during this government while they were less in the NDA rule."
On March 20, Ram Gopal had said that former NDA dispensation was "more cohesive" and Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s style of functioning better.
"The style of functioning of Atal Bihari Vajpayee, I would say, was better than this present (UPA) government. I would say NDA`s coalition was more cohesive," SP General Secretary Ram Gopal had said.
He was today speaking here with media during inauguration function of super speciality service of Rainbow hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list