NDA to raise chopper scam, Shinde remarks in Parliament: Yadav
New Delhi: NDA on Wednesday said it will strongly raise a host of issues, including the VVIP helicopter scam and the Hindu terror remarks of Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, in the budget session of Parliament beginning tomorrow and demand action from the government.
"On February 22, we will raise the issue of corruption in the helicopter deal in both Houses of Parliament at noon. Before every session of Parliament a new scam surfaces," JD(U) chief and NDA convenor Sharad Yadav told reporters.
The NDA floor leaders, belonging to BJP, JD(U), SAD, Shiv Sena and Haryana Janhit Party, took this decision in a meeting on the eve of the budget session.
Yadav said Shinde and Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj will hold a separate meeting to find a solution to the stand-off over his controversial remarks that BJP and RSS are running terror camps.
Both sides have expressed confidence that they will find a way out on the issue.
The NDA convenor said despite differences with the government on several issues, the Opposition wants the Parliament to run. "We have made this request to the Lok Sabha Speaker also that the House should run and we will talk to other parties also on this issue," Yadav said.
NDA plans to raise several other issues, including discussion and passage of the Bill for protection of women against sexual offences, relations with neighbouring countries, the tussle with Press Council of India Chairperson Markandey Katju over his comments against Gujarat and Bihar governments.
"There are several challenges facing the country. The helicopter scam will certainly be raised. Some other scams were left halfway. We will try to raise them too," Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!