NDA to raise chopper scam, Shinde remarks in Parliament: Yadav
New Delhi: NDA on Wednesday said it will strongly raise a host of issues, including the VVIP helicopter scam and the Hindu terror remarks of Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, in the budget session of Parliament beginning tomorrow and demand action from the government.
"On February 22, we will raise the issue of corruption in the helicopter deal in both Houses of Parliament at noon. Before every session of Parliament a new scam surfaces," JD(U) chief and NDA convenor Sharad Yadav told reporters.
The NDA floor leaders, belonging to BJP, JD(U), SAD, Shiv Sena and Haryana Janhit Party, took this decision in a meeting on the eve of the budget session.
Yadav said Shinde and Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj will hold a separate meeting to find a solution to the stand-off over his controversial remarks that BJP and RSS are running terror camps.
Both sides have expressed confidence that they will find a way out on the issue.
The NDA convenor said despite differences with the government on several issues, the Opposition wants the Parliament to run. "We have made this request to the Lok Sabha Speaker also that the House should run and we will talk to other parties also on this issue," Yadav said.
NDA plans to raise several other issues, including discussion and passage of the Bill for protection of women against sexual offences, relations with neighbouring countries, the tussle with Press Council of India Chairperson Markandey Katju over his comments against Gujarat and Bihar governments.
"There are several challenges facing the country. The helicopter scam will certainly be raised. Some other scams were left halfway. We will try to raise them too," Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!