NDA to raise chopper scam, Shinde remarks in Parliament: Yadav
New Delhi: NDA on Wednesday said it will strongly raise a host of issues, including the VVIP helicopter scam and the Hindu terror remarks of Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, in the budget session of Parliament beginning tomorrow and demand action from the government.
"On February 22, we will raise the issue of corruption in the helicopter deal in both Houses of Parliament at noon. Before every session of Parliament a new scam surfaces," JD(U) chief and NDA convenor Sharad Yadav told reporters.
The NDA floor leaders, belonging to BJP, JD(U), SAD, Shiv Sena and Haryana Janhit Party, took this decision in a meeting on the eve of the budget session.
Yadav said Shinde and Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj will hold a separate meeting to find a solution to the stand-off over his controversial remarks that BJP and RSS are running terror camps.
Both sides have expressed confidence that they will find a way out on the issue.
The NDA convenor said despite differences with the government on several issues, the Opposition wants the Parliament to run. "We have made this request to the Lok Sabha Speaker also that the House should run and we will talk to other parties also on this issue," Yadav said.
NDA plans to raise several other issues, including discussion and passage of the Bill for protection of women against sexual offences, relations with neighbouring countries, the tussle with Press Council of India Chairperson Markandey Katju over his comments against Gujarat and Bihar governments.
"There are several challenges facing the country. The helicopter scam will certainly be raised. Some other scams were left halfway. We will try to raise them too," Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark