NDA to raise chopper scam, Shinde remarks in Parliament: Yadav
New Delhi: NDA on Wednesday said it will strongly raise a host of issues, including the VVIP helicopter scam and the Hindu terror remarks of Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, in the budget session of Parliament beginning tomorrow and demand action from the government.
"On February 22, we will raise the issue of corruption in the helicopter deal in both Houses of Parliament at noon. Before every session of Parliament a new scam surfaces," JD(U) chief and NDA convenor Sharad Yadav told reporters.
The NDA floor leaders, belonging to BJP, JD(U), SAD, Shiv Sena and Haryana Janhit Party, took this decision in a meeting on the eve of the budget session.
Yadav said Shinde and Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj will hold a separate meeting to find a solution to the stand-off over his controversial remarks that BJP and RSS are running terror camps.
Both sides have expressed confidence that they will find a way out on the issue.
The NDA convenor said despite differences with the government on several issues, the Opposition wants the Parliament to run. "We have made this request to the Lok Sabha Speaker also that the House should run and we will talk to other parties also on this issue," Yadav said.
NDA plans to raise several other issues, including discussion and passage of the Bill for protection of women against sexual offences, relations with neighbouring countries, the tussle with Press Council of India Chairperson Markandey Katju over his comments against Gujarat and Bihar governments.
"There are several challenges facing the country. The helicopter scam will certainly be raised. Some other scams were left halfway. We will try to raise them too," Yadav said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list