NDA-UPA reach agreement to clear crucial bills
New Delhi: The Congress-led UPA government and the NDA have come to an agreement on Thursday to let Parliament clear crucial bills, as per reports.
The rest of the bills on which the Opposition has objections will be taken up in the next session of Parliament.
With the main Opposition not letting both the Houses function unless their demand for the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on the issue of coal block allocation is met, the Parliament has been virtually paralysed and crucial hours have been lost with no work being done.
Amidst the fears of a complete washout of the monsoon session, no debate on key bills was being lamented by all and sundry. In this backdrop, with the Bhartiya Janata Party in no mood to let the Congress off the hook this time around, an agreement between the two national parties to clear key bills may lead to some semblance of normalcy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’