NDA will provide a strong central government, says Athawale
Mumbai: Seeking a cabinet berth in the central government after the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) forms the next government, Republican Party of India (RPI) chief Ramdas Athawale said here on Tuesday that Narendra Modi would provide a strong government.
"I will get a good cabinet ministry in the government. I am confident that it will be a strong government," Athawale told reporters here today, after launching the website of his party.
Crediting Modi for the NDA`s much awaited victory, Athawale said that no matter how much he was criticised by the Congress for communal riots in Gujarat, the BJP leader did not react sharply and handled the issue cautiously.
"Modi also succeeded in convincing people about price rise, corruption and other issues concerning the people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest