NDA will provide a strong central government, says Athawale
Mumbai: Seeking a cabinet berth in the central government after the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) forms the next government, Republican Party of India (RPI) chief Ramdas Athawale said here on Tuesday that Narendra Modi would provide a strong government.
"I will get a good cabinet ministry in the government. I am confident that it will be a strong government," Athawale told reporters here today, after launching the website of his party.
Crediting Modi for the NDA`s much awaited victory, Athawale said that no matter how much he was criticised by the Congress for communal riots in Gujarat, the BJP leader did not react sharply and handled the issue cautiously.
"Modi also succeeded in convincing people about price rise, corruption and other issues concerning the people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'