`NDA will roll back FDI in retail if voted to power`
Varanasi: Rollback of FDI in multi-brand retail will be the top priority of NDA coalition if it is voted to power in the next general elections, BJP President Rajnath Singh said here Wednesday.
A serious danger has emerged on the economic front under the Congress-led UPA government in the Centre, he told reporters.
He said due to the government`s "failure" on economic front the prices of essential commodities are rising.
"Whenever the Gross Price Index (GPI) falls, government says inflation has come down, but the general public is affected with a fall in Consumer Price Index (CPI) and not the Gross Price one," the Ghaziabad MP said.
Further attacking the government, Singh said the country is going through a phase of "external and internal insecurities" due to lack of diplomatic skills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH