`NDA will roll back FDI in retail if voted to power`
Varanasi: Rollback of FDI in multi-brand retail will be the top priority of NDA coalition if it is voted to power in the next general elections, BJP President Rajnath Singh said here Wednesday.
A serious danger has emerged on the economic front under the Congress-led UPA government in the Centre, he told reporters.
He said due to the government`s "failure" on economic front the prices of essential commodities are rising.
"Whenever the Gross Price Index (GPI) falls, government says inflation has come down, but the general public is affected with a fall in Consumer Price Index (CPI) and not the Gross Price one," the Ghaziabad MP said.
Further attacking the government, Singh said the country is going through a phase of "external and internal insecurities" due to lack of diplomatic skills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad