NDA yet to decide on PM candidate: Sharad Yadav
Vadodara: NDA convener Sharad Yadav on Saturday said that the alliance was yet to take a decision on its prime ministerial candidate.
"NDA will name its prime ministerial candidate after the BJP takes a decision on it. BJP is a major constituent of the NDA and it is yet to take a decision," Yadav told reporters during his halt at the airport here.
The JD(U) president arrived here to tour south Gujarat to campaign for the party candidates contesting the Assembly poll.
Continuing his demand that the government should roll back its decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail, he said it was "forcefully" imposed on the nation.
"Government winning vote on FDI is a technical victory, but it is a moral victory for the Opposition," he said.
"Congress-led UPA government is concerned only about the market and not about the country. We opposed the FDI during voting to save the country," he said, adding that Walmart would come here only for profit-making.
"This is against the poor people of the country...And the government has forced it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened