NDA yet to decide on PM candidate: Sharad Yadav
Vadodara: NDA convener Sharad Yadav on Saturday said that the alliance was yet to take a decision on its prime ministerial candidate.
"NDA will name its prime ministerial candidate after the BJP takes a decision on it. BJP is a major constituent of the NDA and it is yet to take a decision," Yadav told reporters during his halt at the airport here.
The JD(U) president arrived here to tour south Gujarat to campaign for the party candidates contesting the Assembly Elections.
Continuing his demand that the government should roll back its decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail, he said it was "forcefully" imposed on the nation.
"Government winning vote on FDI is a technical victory, but it is a moral victory for the Opposition," he said.
"Congress-led UPA government is concerned only about the market and not about the country. We opposed the FDI during voting to save the country," he said, adding that Wal-Mart would come here only for profit-making.
"This is against the poor people of the country...And the government has forced it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez