NDA yet to decide on PM candidate: Sharad Yadav
Vadodara: NDA convener Sharad Yadav on Saturday said that the alliance was yet to take a decision on its prime ministerial candidate.
"NDA will name its prime ministerial candidate after the BJP takes a decision on it. BJP is a major constituent of the NDA and it is yet to take a decision," Yadav told reporters during his halt at the airport here.
The JD(U) president arrived here to tour south Gujarat to campaign for the party candidates contesting the Assembly Elections.
Continuing his demand that the government should roll back its decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail, he said it was "forcefully" imposed on the nation.
"Government winning vote on FDI is a technical victory, but it is a moral victory for the Opposition," he said.
"Congress-led UPA government is concerned only about the market and not about the country. We opposed the FDI during voting to save the country," he said, adding that Wal-Mart would come here only for profit-making.
"This is against the poor people of the country...And the government has forced it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajay Devgn to release 'Shivaay' trailer in a unique style! Deets inside
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: Injured Steve O'Keefe to return home, Jon Holland named as replacement
- PSU banks employees strike may affect transactions worth Rs 15,000 crore
- Raj Thackeray meets Uddhav, triggers talk of Shiv Sena-MNS reconciliation ahead of BMC polls
- Narsingh Pancham Yadav may not make it to Rio even if he's proved innocent - Here's why