NDA yet to decide on PM candidate: Sharad Yadav
Vadodara: NDA convener Sharad Yadav on Saturday said that the alliance was yet to take a decision on its prime ministerial candidate.
"NDA will name its prime ministerial candidate after the BJP takes a decision on it. BJP is a major constituent of the NDA and it is yet to take a decision," Yadav told reporters during his halt at the airport here.
The JD(U) president arrived here to tour south Gujarat to campaign for the party candidates contesting the Assembly Elections.
Continuing his demand that the government should roll back its decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail, he said it was "forcefully" imposed on the nation.
"Government winning vote on FDI is a technical victory, but it is a moral victory for the Opposition," he said.
"Congress-led UPA government is concerned only about the market and not about the country. We opposed the FDI during voting to save the country," he said, adding that Wal-Mart would come here only for profit-making.
"This is against the poor people of the country...And the government has forced it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra