NDA`s Adjournment Motion in LS on Feb 23 on price rise
New Delhi: BJP-led NDA will move an
Adjournment Motion in Lok Sabha, demand suspension of
Question Hour in Rajya Sabha on February 23 in protest against
price rise and ask Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and External
Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee to come clear on the talks
The Budget session of Parliament will commence on
February 22 with the Presidential Address.
"On February 23, NDA will bring an Adjournment Motion in
the Lok Sabha and demand suspension of the Question Hour in
the Rajya Sabha on the issue of price rise," Deputy Leader of
BJP in the Upper House, S S Ahluwalia said.
BJP will also seek a clarification from the government
on its unilateral initiative for Foreign Secretary-level talks
"BJP feels the UPA government is deviating from India`s
policy on Jammu and Kashmir. In 1994, a resolution was passed
in Parliament that Jammu and Kashmir was an integral part of
India. The Prime Minister and Minister for External Affairs
should clarify in Parliament that they will abide by the 1994
resolution," Ahluwalia said.
Other issues to be raised by NDA during the Budget
session of Parliament include the Naxal menace, the Ranganath
Committee report recommending reservation for Muslims, the
issue of autonomy to Jammu and Kashmir as suggested by the
Saghir Ahmed Committee report and the Pune blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla