NDC meeting likely in Dec; to focus on climate change
New Delhi: UPA government`s first National
Development Council (NDC) meeting, to be convened in the first
week of December, will focus on climate change and help the
government in firming up its stand for the Copenhagen
The meeting of the NDC, the highest policy making body in
the country, will help the centre assess the impact of climate
change in states, ahead of the international conference on
"The PMO has been requested to give time for the NDC
meeting. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh would visit US on
November 27 for inking climate change agreement with the US.
Thus, it is likely to be scheduled in the first week of
December", a Planning Commission official said.
The NDC meeting, the official said, is likely to be
scheduled in the first week of December because the union
government needs "a detailed assessment of the performance of
states on climate change and energy."
The ministry of environment and forests, he added, has
already started spadework on preparing a detailed note on
the climate change for the NDC meeting.
The NDC meeting is expected to be attended by all Chief
Ministers, cabinet ministers and Planning Commission Deputy
Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia and other members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore