NDMC hired CWG consultants at over Rs 220 crore
New Delhi: The New Delhi Municipal Council
is spending over Rs 225 crore just for seeking consultancy
from different firms and NGOs for various Commonwealth Games
The civic body has already paid Rs 26 crore to these
firms as part payment to the projects undertaken by them,
reveals the data made public after directions from the Central
Sample this. Consultants for designing work of park, ride
and holding facilities at Safdarjung Airport have been hired
in July 2010 -- just three months before the Games commence --
at a staggering fee of Rs 30 crore.
The consultant `Design Action Group` has been hired for
this project for a period of one year whereas the Games will
finish on October 14, 2010. This is one of three consultants
who have been hired for 10 projects only five months before
the Games. The total fee for these works is Rs 48 crore.
The consultancy work for much criticised Connaught Place
renovation project has been awarded to Government of India
undertaking Engineers India Limited at Rs 48 crore.
The work span given to the firm was from May 21, 2008
till December 31, 2010 -- two months after Commonwealth Games
get over. The project is given on "turn-key basis" which means
that project is constructed by a developer and sold or turned
over to a buyer in a ready-to-use condition.
The consultation for mechanical, electrical, plumbing,
ACs, fire safety for the work of upgrading and remodelling of
Palika Bazar, Connaught Place and other projects burnt a hold
of Rs 23 crore in the exchequer.
Delhi Integrated Multimodel Transit System which designed
BRT corridor was entrusted for design and construction of foot
over bridges, pedestrian subway and underpasses in NDMC area.
The firm has been hired at over Rs seven crore.
The details have been made public by the civic agency
after Central Information Commission gave a rap on its
knuckles for not making public information related to projects
undertaken for the Games.
In a letter written to Chief Secretary, Delhi Government,
Information Commissioner Shailesh Gandhi has said that
disclosures under Section four of the RTI Act (which mandates
proactive disclosure of information) regarding Games related
work have not been made public.
He had directed the NDMC to put on its website the
details of consultants appointed for implementation of
Commonwealth Games Projects and other development work in the
national capital during last five years.
"These details are just of NDMC which is one of the many
organisations working for CWG. Making public these details may
help in curbing such huge expenditure," Shailesh Gandhi told
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now