Nearly 48,000 people apply for AAP membership in 3 hours
New Delhi: Hours after launching a special nation-wide membership drive, Aam Aadmi Party on Friday said over 47,500 people have been registered as members through its website in first three hours.
On Friday noon, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal had launched a special nation-wide membership drive `Main bhi aam aadmi` campaign.
The party claimed that in the first three hours after launching the campaign, over 47,500 people registered themselves as the members of the party through its website.
Interestingly, in a decision taken in the National Executive Committee meeting last week, the party decided to waive the membership fees.
On mobile number 07798220033, where people have to send their name, STD code and Vidhan Sabha name, some 1950 people had registered as members in the first three hours.
Speaking to reporters during the launch of the drive, Kerjiwal said the party aimed to enroll over 1 crore members by January 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed