Nearly 48,000 people apply for AAP membership in 3 hours
New Delhi: Hours after launching a special nation-wide membership drive, Aam Aadmi Party on Friday said over 47,500 people have been registered as members through its website in first three hours.
On Friday noon, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal had launched a special nation-wide membership drive `Main bhi aam aadmi` campaign.
The party claimed that in the first three hours after launching the campaign, over 47,500 people registered themselves as the members of the party through its website.
Interestingly, in a decision taken in the National Executive Committee meeting last week, the party decided to waive the membership fees.
On mobile number 07798220033, where people have to send their name, STD code and Vidhan Sabha name, some 1950 people had registered as members in the first three hours.
Speaking to reporters during the launch of the drive, Kerjiwal said the party aimed to enroll over 1 crore members by January 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'