Nearly 78 bureaucrats involved in graft cases in three years
New Delhi: A total of 78 officers of the Indian Police Service (IPS), Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and Indian Revenue Service (IRS) have been found to be involved in corruption cases in the last three years, says Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Prithviraj Chavan.
"Thirty-two officers were found involved in corruption cases in 2009. Seventeen officers were booked under the same charges in 2008 and 20 in 2007, respectively," the minister said.
"Until March 2010, nine officers were found to be involved in corruption cases," he added.
Subsequently, 19 officers were arrested under these charges until March this year.
"The government is fully committed to implement its policy of zero tolerance towards corruption and is moving progressively to eradicate corruption from all spheres of life by improving transparency and accountability," the minister told the Lok Sabha Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says