Nearly 78 bureaucrats involved in graft cases in three years
New Delhi: A total of 78 officers of the Indian Police Service (IPS), Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and Indian Revenue Service (IRS) have been found to be involved in corruption cases in the last three years, says Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Prithviraj Chavan.
"Thirty-two officers were found involved in corruption cases in 2009. Seventeen officers were booked under the same charges in 2008 and 20 in 2007, respectively," the minister said.
"Until March 2010, nine officers were found to be involved in corruption cases," he added.
Subsequently, 19 officers were arrested under these charges until March this year.
"The government is fully committed to implement its policy of zero tolerance towards corruption and is moving progressively to eradicate corruption from all spheres of life by improving transparency and accountability," the minister told the Lok Sabha Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Premier League 2016 Final: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Sunrisers Hyderabad — Players to watch out for
- Lionel Messi Injury Video: Witness the moment that scared everyone
- Those with illegal money to be prosecuted: Jaitley on Panama Papers
- 10 killed in Bangladesh poll violence
- Watch: Now make a call just by squeezing your smartphone!