Need for equal representation of women in workforce: Tewari
Ludhiana: There is a need for equal and equitable representation of women in the work force if India truly aspires to make the 21st century an Indian century, Union Minister Manish Tewari said on Saturday.
Appreciating the fact that women`s participation in the workforce was gradually rising, Tewari, while addressing the annual convocation of Guru Nanak Girls College in Model Town here, underlined the need for creating a free and safe environment for women.
On its part, the government is putting in all efforts to provide a free and a safe atmosphere to the women folk, the Information and Broadcasting minister said.
However, legal and administrative actions cannot succeed unless the society also pitches in and supports government`s efforts, he said.
The minister said women will also have to play a bigger role in eliminating social evils like drug abuse.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani