Need for equal representation of women in workforce: Tewari
Ludhiana: There is a need for equal and equitable representation of women in the work force if India truly aspires to make the 21st century an Indian century, Union Minister Manish Tewari said on Saturday.
Appreciating the fact that women`s participation in the workforce was gradually rising, Tewari, while addressing the annual convocation of Guru Nanak Girls College in Model Town here, underlined the need for creating a free and safe environment for women.
On its part, the government is putting in all efforts to provide a free and a safe atmosphere to the women folk, the Information and Broadcasting minister said.
However, legal and administrative actions cannot succeed unless the society also pitches in and supports government`s efforts, he said.
The minister said women will also have to play a bigger role in eliminating social evils like drug abuse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media