Need for equal representation of women in workforce: Tewari
Ludhiana: There is a need for equal and equitable representation of women in the work force if India truly aspires to make the 21st century an Indian century, Union Minister Manish Tewari said on Saturday.
Appreciating the fact that women`s participation in the workforce was gradually rising, Tewari, while addressing the annual convocation of Guru Nanak Girls College in Model Town here, underlined the need for creating a free and safe environment for women.
On its part, the government is putting in all efforts to provide a free and a safe atmosphere to the women folk, the Information and Broadcasting minister said.
However, legal and administrative actions cannot succeed unless the society also pitches in and supports government`s efforts, he said.
The minister said women will also have to play a bigger role in eliminating social evils like drug abuse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch