Need for equal representation of women in workforce: Tewari
Ludhiana: There is a need for equal and equitable representation of women in the work force if India truly aspires to make the 21st century an Indian century, Union Minister Manish Tewari said on Saturday.
Appreciating the fact that women`s participation in the workforce was gradually rising, Tewari, while addressing the annual convocation of Guru Nanak Girls College in Model Town here, underlined the need for creating a free and safe environment for women.
On its part, the government is putting in all efforts to provide a free and a safe atmosphere to the women folk, the Information and Broadcasting minister said.
However, legal and administrative actions cannot succeed unless the society also pitches in and supports government`s efforts, he said.
The minister said women will also have to play a bigger role in eliminating social evils like drug abuse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part IV
- Janice Dickinson looks extremely thin amid health crisis
- There is a limit to everything, says Kiku Sharda on Tanmay Bhat's controversial video – Details inside
- Talgo trains in India: Know more about train that is high on technology, comfort
- Kerala's Nirbhaya: HC rules out CBI probe in Perumbavoor rape-murder case
- Saudi Arabia denounces Iran over decision to not send Hajj pilgrims this year