Need more time for compromise in Ayodhya case: Nirmohi Akhara
Lucknow: Nirmohi Akhara, one of the main parties to the Ayodhya title dispute, on Friday filed a fresh application before the Allahabad High Court hearing the case seeking time till September 27 to arrive at a compromise.
The application filed before the Lucknow bench of the court by lawyer R L Verma on behalf of Mahant Raja Ramchandra has sought ten days` time to explore an out of court settlement on the issue.
The application has also said that a retired judge of the Supreme Court or High Court should be appointed as a mediator the title suit dispute in either Lucknow or in Ayodhya.
Asked if a compromise was possible, the Mahant said that "in the interest of the nation, nothing is impossible".
Gopal Singh Visharad, Nirmohi Akhara, the Uttar Pradesh Sunni Waqf Board and Ram Lalla Virajman are the main parties to the title dispute.
With the Allahabad High Court appearing to make another attempt to settle the Ayodhya title suits through a compromise, two parties to the 60-year-old case had yesterday moved the court opposing deferring of the verdict expected to be pronounced next week.
Sunni Central Board of Waqfs and the Akhil Bharat Hindu Mahasabha, through their lawyers Zafaryab Jilani and H S Jain respectively, yesterday filed objections before the Officer on Special Duty (OSD) of the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court against any deferment of the verdict likely to be pronounced by the special bench on September 24.
Citing apprehension of breach of peace and the upcoming Commonwealth Games, two separate applications seeking directions for deferring the verdict were also moved before the Allahabad High Court on September 13.
Both the objections filed yesterday would be placed before the court along with the application seeking deferment today, Sunni Board and Mahasabha sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note