Need to give direction to youth: Narendra Modi
Panaji: Youth of the country need to be given a direction so that India can reap its demographic dividend, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said on Sunday.
"If the youth are not given a direction, there will be problems. They march to Jantar Mantar on so many issues because the government has not paid attention to them," Modi said in his first address after being appointed the head of the party`s election campaign committee for the general elections in 2014.
"India has the world`s youngest population. If there is a young son at home, the family feels happy, but the government today feels the youth of the nation are a burden," Modi said.
He also cornered the central government on women`s safety.
"Women today have aspirations to participate in nation building, they have independent thoughts. Our mothers and sisters consist 50 percent of the population, but the Congress-led government at the centre does not have the time to think about them," he said.
Modi said the central government was just not serious about the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan