Need to save Anna from his team: Khurshid
New Delhi: Amid a fresh face-off, Law Minister Salman Khurshid on Tuesday took potshots at Team Anna saying there was as much a need to save Anna Hazare from his close aides as the country needed to be saved from corruption.
Two days after Team Anna levelled fresh allegations against top UPA ministers including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Khurshid said he failed to understand the activist`s demands that only ministers should be probed.
"There is a need to save Anna Hazare from these people as much as there is a need to save the country from corruption," he told reporters when asked to comment on fresh allegations of corruption made by Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal against some ministers.
"He did not name any one of them (Team Anna)," Khurshid asked the questioner.
The minister`s remarks come at a time when reports appeared in a section of the media that Kiran Bedi had written to Hazare about alleged mismanagement of funds by Kejriwal`s NGO Public Cause Research Foundation (PCRF). Both Kejriwal and Bedi have denied the reports.
"In this country, only the ministers should be probed and not anybody else. I find it difficult to understand this. He (Kejriwal) had said that all IT officials are dishonest. Only one IT officer was honest and he left the department," Khurshid said.
Kejriwal, a former Indian Revenue Service officer, resigned as Joint Commissioner in the Income Tax department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister