Need to save Anna from his team: Khurshid
New Delhi: Amid a fresh face-off, Law Minister Salman Khurshid on Tuesday took potshots at Team Anna saying there was as much a need to save Anna Hazare from his close aides as the country needed to be saved from corruption.
Two days after Team Anna levelled fresh allegations against top UPA ministers including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Khurshid said he failed to understand the activist`s demands that only ministers should be probed.
"There is a need to save Anna Hazare from these people as much as there is a need to save the country from corruption," he told reporters when asked to comment on fresh allegations of corruption made by Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal against some ministers.
"He did not name any one of them (Team Anna)," Khurshid asked the questioner.
The minister`s remarks come at a time when reports appeared in a section of the media that Kiran Bedi had written to Hazare about alleged mismanagement of funds by Kejriwal`s NGO Public Cause Research Foundation (PCRF). Both Kejriwal and Bedi have denied the reports.
"In this country, only the ministers should be probed and not anybody else. I find it difficult to understand this. He (Kejriwal) had said that all IT officials are dishonest. Only one IT officer was honest and he left the department," Khurshid said.
Kejriwal, a former Indian Revenue Service officer, resigned as Joint Commissioner in the Income Tax department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- BSF guns down 2 Pakistani, 2 Indian drug smugglers near border in Punjab