Need to sensitise policemen dealing with rape cases: Tirath
New Delhi: Condemning the brutal rape of the five-year old girl in the city and mishandling of the case by police, Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath on Saturday said there is a need to sensitise policemen in dealing with such cases.
"I had met the Delhi Police Commissioner some days back and had asked him to sensitise police officers while dealing with such cases. The behaviour of the police officers dealing with such sensitive matters needs to be a crucial part of their training," the Minister said in a statement here.
Assuring all possible help to the victim`s family, she said, "I am deeply shocked and aggrieved. I condemn this act in the strictest words. The ministry of Women and Child Development will extend all possible help to the child and her family."
Later, Tirath told PTI that she had spoken to the Home Minister on the need to focus on police response in such cases.
"I have spoken to the Home minister on the need to sensitise police. I have also sought a report from the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights over the incident. Presently we are very concerned over the well being of the child," Tirath said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi