Need to set up centres for special kids: Heptulla
Mumbai: Union Minister for Minority Affairs Najma Heptulla on Sunday called for setting up dedicated centres all over the country to address the needs of differently-abled children.
She was speaking after inaugurating the New Horizon Child Development Centre and Hearing Aid Centre here.
The facility at suburban Goregaon provides services for differently-abled kids. It has branches like developmental pediatrics, clinical psychology and counselling, occupational and speech therapy, remedial education and nutrition.
The Minister emphasised on establishing such comprehensive child development centres all over the country to address the needs of differently-abled children, a release quoted her saying on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'