Need to teach our sons to respect women: Minister
New Delhi: Taking note of the large number of crimes against women in recent days, Minister of State for Home Affairs RPN Singh Wednesday said there was need to educate children to respect women.
"Humans have become beastly. There are rapes in schools, families. According to reports, 90 percent rapes are done by people who are known to the victim," RPN Singh said, while replying to supplementaries during question hour in the Rajya Sabha.
"We need to teach our children, our sons to respect women," the minister said.
The minister also said that government, at different levels, was providing women self-defence training.
"In 2012, 9,790 women have been given self defence training in Delhi. Delhi Police has also organised training programme for women cab drivers," the minister said.
He said that all states have been asked to recruit at least 33 percent women in the police forces.
"Delhi Police will also be recruiting 522 women," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray