Need zero tolerance towards terrorism: Prez
New Delhi: President Pratibha Patil Saturday urged the central and state governments to create an "effective deterrence to achieve zero tolerance towards terrorism" and emphasised that the country`s internal and external security needs foremost attention.
Addressing a conference of governors here, Patil said the country cannot lost sight of multiple challenges of the leftwing extremism even as it feels proud of its technological achievements.
"India`s external and internal security is paramount and requires foremost attention. Both central and state governments have to work hand in hand to fortify our security architecture and create an effective deterrence to achieve zero tolerance of terrorist activities," Patil said.
"We look forward to hearing from the governors of those states which share international borders, of how best to address the security concerns of these sensitive states... and also threats faced with violent manifestations, especially in the rural hinterlands of some states, from Naxalism and left-wing extremism," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security