Neeraj Kumar has links with Abhishek Verma: AAP
New Delhi: Amid growing clamour for the resignation of Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar, Aam Adami Party (AAP) on Monday accused him of having links with Abhishek Verma, an accused in the infamous naval war room leak case.
"Neeraj Kumar has close links with Abhishek Verma who is an accused in the naval war room leak case," said AAP member and top lawyer Prashant Bhushan.
"Edmonds Allen, who was a close associate of Verma had written to Pulok Chatterji (principal secretary to prime minister) that Kumar has links with the alleged arms dealer. Despite that he continued to be the police commissioner," he said citing the letter the copies of which were circulated to the media.
However, the Delhi Police, in a statement, have described these allegations as "baseless", "unfounded" and "ludicrous".
"These allegations are at the behest of people who have been arrayed as accused in investigations conducted under his supervision during his tenure in the Central Bureau of Investigation," said a statement from Delhi Police.
"It appears that Mr. Prashant Bhushan is now acting at the behest of the same vested interests, i.e. accused people and particularly those whom CP (commissioner of police) had investigated during his tenure in the CBI and who have, thereafter, filed several petitions against him, as he was not willing to bend or compromise in their case," it added.
Verma was booked for allegedly possessing secret documents relating to the Indian Navy, its acquisition plans and other information.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Trupti Desai writes letter to Mohan Bhagwat, demands equal representation of women in RSS
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9
- Buddhadeb, Rahul share stage, call for saving West Bengal from TMC
- Must Read! Narayana Murthy's heartfelt letter to his daughter will make you miss your dad
- PM Modi meets Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS today