Neighbouring nations pose security threat to India: Bhagwat
Nashik: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat has said that the nation`s security is under threat due to `unfriendly attitude` of its neighbouring countries.
Without naming any country, Bhagwat said the growth and development of India is necessary for the welfare of humanity, however, it will not solve the global problems as the country is surrounded by non-friendly nations on its eastern and western borders posing a security threat.
He said this while addressing a public meeting last evening organised by the Nashik unit of RSS on the eve of `Ram Navami`.
Despite the three wars, the non-friendly attitude of the neighbouring nations is still on. The country`s borders are not safe as fake notes, arms and terrorists infiltrate inside India from there, he said.
"On one hand, we dream of becoming an economic superpower whereas on the other commoners are fed up of inflation, suicides by farmers are on and the country is reeling under drought. In such a situation, where is development?" Bhagwat questioned.
Voters are equally responsible for this. Quarrels about caste, regions, languages, water and borders are on across the nation and rape cases are emerging everyday. We discuss the issues but do not try to solve them, he said.
According to Bhagwat, RSS`s base is very strong.
"We are not opposing anybody and nobody is our enemy. But attempts are being made to finish us. But considering RSS`s works and its worldwide popularity, nobody has the power to finish us," he said.
RSS Nashik unit members Vijay Kadam, Kacheshwar Sahane and Kailas Salunkhe were also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi