Neighbouring nations pose security threat to India: Bhagwat
Nashik: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat has said that the nation`s security is under threat due to `unfriendly attitude` of its neighbouring countries.
Without naming any country, Bhagwat said the growth and development of India is necessary for the welfare of humanity, however, it will not solve the global problems as the country is surrounded by non-friendly nations on its eastern and western borders posing a security threat.
He said this while addressing a public meeting last evening organised by the Nashik unit of RSS on the eve of `Ram Navami`.
Despite the three wars, the non-friendly attitude of the neighbouring nations is still on. The country`s borders are not safe as fake notes, arms and terrorists infiltrate inside India from there, he said.
"On one hand, we dream of becoming an economic superpower whereas on the other commoners are fed up of inflation, suicides by farmers are on and the country is reeling under drought. In such a situation, where is development?" Bhagwat questioned.
Voters are equally responsible for this. Quarrels about caste, regions, languages, water and borders are on across the nation and rape cases are emerging everyday. We discuss the issues but do not try to solve them, he said.
According to Bhagwat, RSS`s base is very strong.
"We are not opposing anybody and nobody is our enemy. But attempts are being made to finish us. But considering RSS`s works and its worldwide popularity, nobody has the power to finish us," he said.
RSS Nashik unit members Vijay Kadam, Kacheshwar Sahane and Kailas Salunkhe were also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore