Neighbouring nations pose security threat to India: Bhagwat
Nashik: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat has said that the nation`s security is under threat due to `unfriendly attitude` of its neighbouring countries.
Without naming any country, Bhagwat said the growth and development of India is necessary for the welfare of humanity, however, it will not solve the global problems as the country is surrounded by non-friendly nations on its eastern and western borders posing a security threat.
He said this while addressing a public meeting last evening organised by the Nashik unit of RSS on the eve of `Ram Navami`.
Despite the three wars, the non-friendly attitude of the neighbouring nations is still on. The country`s borders are not safe as fake notes, arms and terrorists infiltrate inside India from there, he said.
"On one hand, we dream of becoming an economic superpower whereas on the other commoners are fed up of inflation, suicides by farmers are on and the country is reeling under drought. In such a situation, where is development?" Bhagwat questioned.
Voters are equally responsible for this. Quarrels about caste, regions, languages, water and borders are on across the nation and rape cases are emerging everyday. We discuss the issues but do not try to solve them, he said.
According to Bhagwat, RSS`s base is very strong.
"We are not opposing anybody and nobody is our enemy. But attempts are being made to finish us. But considering RSS`s works and its worldwide popularity, nobody has the power to finish us," he said.
RSS Nashik unit members Vijay Kadam, Kacheshwar Sahane and Kailas Salunkhe were also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars