Nelson Mandela, a true Gandhian, will continue to inspire: Sheila Dikshit
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit condoled the death of Nelson Mandela on Friday while describing him as a true Gandhian, an outstanding hero and a crusader against apartheid.
"Mandela was a true Gandhian and an outstanding world personality. We all Indians have great respect for him. His enormous contribution in elimination of apartheid will always be remembered. Mandela will continue to inspire all human rights activists across the globe," she said in a statement.
“Mandela`s struggle in South Africa turned him a champion of the values of equality and freedom of expression. He was a trusted friend of India,” she added.
Mandela, South Africa`s first elected black president, died at his home in Houghton, a suburb of Johannesburg, following a protracted illness. He was 95.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians