Nelson Mandela, a true Gandhian, will continue to inspire: Sheila Dikshit
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit condoled the death of Nelson Mandela on Friday while describing him as a true Gandhian, an outstanding hero and a crusader against apartheid.
"Mandela was a true Gandhian and an outstanding world personality. We all Indians have great respect for him. His enormous contribution in elimination of apartheid will always be remembered. Mandela will continue to inspire all human rights activists across the globe," she said in a statement.
“Mandela`s struggle in South Africa turned him a champion of the values of equality and freedom of expression. He was a trusted friend of India,” she added.
Mandela, South Africa`s first elected black president, died at his home in Houghton, a suburb of Johannesburg, following a protracted illness. He was 95.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog