Neo-liberalisation policy responsible for price rise: Bardhan
Patna: CPI General Secretary A B Bardhan
today alleged that "neo liberalisation policy" pursued by the
UPA government was "responsible" for the escalating prices of
"The so-called neo liberalisation policy pursued by
Manmohan Singh government is responsible for the escalating
prices," Bardhan told reporters here.
Describing price rise as the major issue facing the
country, he alleged that in the present circumstances, food
security was no longer "secure" in hands of the government.
Bardhan also alleged that the manner in which the central
government was functioning, the guaranteed foodgrains were not
being made available to the poor and the prices of foodgrains
which were available in the markets were "unaffordable" for
Lakhs of people had participated in the rally called by
the Left parties in New Delhi on March 12 to protest against
the Centre`s alleged apathy towards controlling the spiralling
prices and ensuring food security, he said.
The CPI leader said the second phase of joint agitation
by the Left parties on these issues would begin from April 8
under which satyagraha and fill-the-jail campaign would be
launched. He claimed that over 25 lakh people will be
participating in the agitation.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Uber partners Gurugram Police in a bid to curb drunken driving
- IITs have been requested to offer Sanskrit as elective subject, confirms HRD Minister Smriti Irani
- Tribute to Shaktiman: Petrol pump in Dehradun to be named after police horse
- Were these the achhe din they had promised for women: Trupti Desai on being denied entry at Haji Ali
- Watch video: The miracle cure for puffy eyes and dark circles – Coffee!