Neo-liberalisation policy responsible for price rise: Bardhan
Patna: CPI General Secretary A B Bardhan
today alleged that "neo liberalisation policy" pursued by the
UPA government was "responsible" for the escalating prices of
"The so-called neo liberalisation policy pursued by
Manmohan Singh government is responsible for the escalating
prices," Bardhan told reporters here.
Describing price rise as the major issue facing the
country, he alleged that in the present circumstances, food
security was no longer "secure" in hands of the government.
Bardhan also alleged that the manner in which the central
government was functioning, the guaranteed foodgrains were not
being made available to the poor and the prices of foodgrains
which were available in the markets were "unaffordable" for
Lakhs of people had participated in the rally called by
the Left parties in New Delhi on March 12 to protest against
the Centre`s alleged apathy towards controlling the spiralling
prices and ensuring food security, he said.
The CPI leader said the second phase of joint agitation
by the Left parties on these issues would begin from April 8
under which satyagraha and fill-the-jail campaign would be
launched. He claimed that over 25 lakh people will be
participating in the agitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- No friction between Army, CRPF over Pampore operations: Northern Command
- Pakistan cannot 'conquer' Kashmir through war: Hina Rabbani Khar
- Militant killed in J&K encounter in Lolab area
- Facebook Messenger could soon let you undo sent messages
- Chargesheet in Kolkata flyover case, murder charges withdrawn