Nepal President’s four-day India visit from today
New Delhi: Nepal President Ram Baran Yadav will visit India on a four-day state visit starting from Monday.
A 27-member team will be accompanying him.
The team will include Tourism Minister Sharat Singh Bhandari, Secretary at the Foreign Ministry, Secretary at the President`s office, the President`s advisors and representatives of state-owned media, Nepal Television, Rastriya Samachar Samiti and the Department of Communications.
During his visit, President Yadav will hold discussions with Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao at 6.30 pm at Hotel Taj Palace today.
On Tuesday morning, he will be given a ceremonial welcome at the forecourt of the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Later, he will be visiting the Rajghat to pay respects to Mahatma Gandhi at his samadhi.
At 11.00 am, President Yadav will meet External Minister SM Krishna.
In the afternoon, he will meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at Hyderabad Hose, followed by signing of bilateral agreements.
In the evening, Vice President Hamid Ansari, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, Home Minister P Chidambaram and Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj will be meeting Yadav.
At 7.30 pm, President Yadav will call on President Pratibha Devisingh Patil at Rashtrapati Bhavan. It will be followed by a banquet.
On Wednesday, he will be attending various programmes in Haridwar and Roorkee and will return to New Delhi on same evening.
On Thursday, Yadav will be attending various programmes in New Delhi and will return to Kathmandu in the evening.
This will be the President Yadav`s first visit to any foreign country after the country was declared republic in May 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow