Nepal President’s four-day India visit from today
New Delhi: Nepal President Ram Baran Yadav will visit India on a four-day state visit starting from Monday.
A 27-member team will be accompanying him.
The team will include Tourism Minister Sharat Singh Bhandari, Secretary at the Foreign Ministry, Secretary at the President`s office, the President`s advisors and representatives of state-owned media, Nepal Television, Rastriya Samachar Samiti and the Department of Communications.
During his visit, President Yadav will hold discussions with Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao at 6.30 pm at Hotel Taj Palace today.
On Tuesday morning, he will be given a ceremonial welcome at the forecourt of the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Later, he will be visiting the Rajghat to pay respects to Mahatma Gandhi at his samadhi.
At 11.00 am, President Yadav will meet External Minister SM Krishna.
In the afternoon, he will meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at Hyderabad Hose, followed by signing of bilateral agreements.
In the evening, Vice President Hamid Ansari, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, Home Minister P Chidambaram and Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj will be meeting Yadav.
At 7.30 pm, President Yadav will call on President Pratibha Devisingh Patil at Rashtrapati Bhavan. It will be followed by a banquet.
On Wednesday, he will be attending various programmes in Haridwar and Roorkee and will return to New Delhi on same evening.
On Thursday, Yadav will be attending various programmes in New Delhi and will return to Kathmandu in the evening.
This will be the President Yadav`s first visit to any foreign country after the country was declared republic in May 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- China, Pakistan launch first joint border patrols near Xinjiang
- Mamta Kulkarni breaks silence to rebuff drug racket reports, says glamour does not tantalize her anymore
- India stands with Bangladesh in its fight against terrorism: PM Narendra Modi to Sheikh Hasina
- It's Marlon Samuels vs Virat Kohli: How two batting mainstays will decide the course of West Indies-India series
- I-T dept identifies 90 lakh high-value transactions without PAN; to seek details