Nepal President’s four-day India visit from today
New Delhi: Nepal President Ram Baran Yadav will visit India on a four-day state visit starting from Monday.
A 27-member team will be accompanying him.
The team will include Tourism Minister Sharat Singh Bhandari, Secretary at the Foreign Ministry, Secretary at the President`s office, the President`s advisors and representatives of state-owned media, Nepal Television, Rastriya Samachar Samiti and the Department of Communications.
During his visit, President Yadav will hold discussions with Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao at 6.30 pm at Hotel Taj Palace today.
On Tuesday morning, he will be given a ceremonial welcome at the forecourt of the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Later, he will be visiting the Rajghat to pay respects to Mahatma Gandhi at his samadhi.
At 11.00 am, President Yadav will meet External Minister SM Krishna.
In the afternoon, he will meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at Hyderabad Hose, followed by signing of bilateral agreements.
In the evening, Vice President Hamid Ansari, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, Home Minister P Chidambaram and Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj will be meeting Yadav.
At 7.30 pm, President Yadav will call on President Pratibha Devisingh Patil at Rashtrapati Bhavan. It will be followed by a banquet.
On Wednesday, he will be attending various programmes in Haridwar and Roorkee and will return to New Delhi on same evening.
On Thursday, Yadav will be attending various programmes in New Delhi and will return to Kathmandu in the evening.
This will be the President Yadav`s first visit to any foreign country after the country was declared republic in May 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?