Nepal should take to power generation in big way: Gadkari
New Delhi: BJP President Nitin Gadkari on Saturday asked Nepal to exploit its potential in producing power, which can be sold to India also, to tackle poverty.
"You can eradicate poverty by focusing on power generation in your country... The second sector which can help you in generating employment is tourism," he said here.
The BJP President was addressing a meeting on India-Nepal relations.
He said as per estimates, Nepal had a potential of developing 80,000 MW of hydro-electric power.
"There is a power shortage in India.... You can issue global tenders for setting up these plants," Gadkari said.
The BJP chief said the Nepalese leadership should adopt a development-oriented approach and try to complete projects in time as every year due to delays like those in India, the project cost goes up.
"Today there is discussion everywhere (in India) that they are not taking out minerals from the mines... The Government is cancelling the licenses," he said.
Asking Nepalase politicians to find out ways to tackle their development issues, Gadkari said his party was preparing a document Vision 2025 under which they have taken up all the issues facing the people and the country to find solutions for them.
At the meeting, some Nepalese officials suggested that the talks over water resources between the two countries have not been satisfactory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof