Nepalese Foreign Minister calls on PM Modi
Kathmandu: Nepalese Foreign Minister Mahendra Pandey today paid a courtesy call on Prime Minister Narendra Modi and briefly discussed some bilateral issues, including hydro-power, trade, energy and security.
The meeting took place at a five star hotel an hour after Modi arrived here on a two-day trip, becoming the first Indian Prime Minister to pay a bilateral visit to Nepal in 17 years.
"The talks were held in a very cordial and friendly atmosphere," Pandey said after the meeting. "We have to move hand-in-hand in development," he said.
Pandey said during the brief meeting some bilateral issues including hydro-power, trade, energy and security were covered. Political and cultural issues also came up for discussion.
"He (Modi) speaks less but he is result oriented. During my meeting, I felt whatever he says he believes in doing it," he said when asked about his meeting with the Prime Minister.
The two leaders also underlined the need for expediting the ongoing projects being implemented under Nepal-India cooperation.
All the leading dailies here published banner headline news today covering Modi`s visit. "Modi`s visit is a turning page in Nepal-India relations" describes a front page article carried by The Kathmanmdu Post.
Security was tightened in Kathmandu and most of the schools voluntarily announced closure for today and tomorrow in view of Modi`s visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city