Nepalese Foreign Minister calls on PM Modi
Kathmandu: Nepalese Foreign Minister Mahendra Pandey today paid a courtesy call on Prime Minister Narendra Modi and briefly discussed some bilateral issues, including hydro-power, trade, energy and security.
The meeting took place at a five star hotel an hour after Modi arrived here on a two-day trip, becoming the first Indian Prime Minister to pay a bilateral visit to Nepal in 17 years.
"The talks were held in a very cordial and friendly atmosphere," Pandey said after the meeting. "We have to move hand-in-hand in development," he said.
Pandey said during the brief meeting some bilateral issues including hydro-power, trade, energy and security were covered. Political and cultural issues also came up for discussion.
"He (Modi) speaks less but he is result oriented. During my meeting, I felt whatever he says he believes in doing it," he said when asked about his meeting with the Prime Minister.
The two leaders also underlined the need for expediting the ongoing projects being implemented under Nepal-India cooperation.
All the leading dailies here published banner headline news today covering Modi`s visit. "Modi`s visit is a turning page in Nepal-India relations" describes a front page article carried by The Kathmanmdu Post.
Security was tightened in Kathmandu and most of the schools voluntarily announced closure for today and tomorrow in view of Modi`s visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- After China warns India, Baloch and Sindhi leaders hail PM Narendra Modi outside Chinese embassy – Watch
- After Anil Vij, Vijay Goel announces support for Dera Sacha's sports village in Haryana
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai conferred with Khel Ratna award
- Attention cinema lovers, Will Smith was a guest at Akshay Kumar's success party! – See pics
- Six scientists end year-long Mars mission