Nepalese Foreign Minister calls on PM Modi
Kathmandu: Nepalese Foreign Minister Mahendra Pandey today paid a courtesy call on Prime Minister Narendra Modi and briefly discussed some bilateral issues, including hydro-power, trade, energy and security.
The meeting took place at a five star hotel an hour after Modi arrived here on a two-day trip, becoming the first Indian Prime Minister to pay a bilateral visit to Nepal in 17 years.
"The talks were held in a very cordial and friendly atmosphere," Pandey said after the meeting. "We have to move hand-in-hand in development," he said.
Pandey said during the brief meeting some bilateral issues including hydro-power, trade, energy and security were covered. Political and cultural issues also came up for discussion.
"He (Modi) speaks less but he is result oriented. During my meeting, I felt whatever he says he believes in doing it," he said when asked about his meeting with the Prime Minister.
The two leaders also underlined the need for expediting the ongoing projects being implemented under Nepal-India cooperation.
All the leading dailies here published banner headline news today covering Modi`s visit. "Modi`s visit is a turning page in Nepal-India relations" describes a front page article carried by The Kathmanmdu Post.
Security was tightened in Kathmandu and most of the schools voluntarily announced closure for today and tomorrow in view of Modi`s visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh