Nepali police detains 8 Indian security personnel
Kathmandu: Eight Indian security personnel
were briefly detained by Nepali police at Dodhara Chandani in
Kanchanpur district near the border for carrying arms inside
the country, a top official said on Saturday.
The arrested included a Police Sub-Inspector and seven
police constables, according to Home Ministry spokesman
But after preliminary investigations, they were handed
over to the Indian security forces.
During interrogation, the Indian policemen said they had
no idea that they had crossed into Nepalese territory.
The Home Ministry has lodged a protest with the Indian
Embassy through the Foreign Ministry regarding the incident,
the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa's mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what