Nepali police detains 8 Indian security personnel
Kathmandu: Eight Indian security personnel
were briefly detained by Nepali police at Dodhara Chandani in
Kanchanpur district near the border for carrying arms inside
the country, a top official said on Saturday.
The arrested included a Police Sub-Inspector and seven
police constables, according to Home Ministry spokesman
But after preliminary investigations, they were handed
over to the Indian security forces.
During interrogation, the Indian policemen said they had
no idea that they had crossed into Nepalese territory.
The Home Ministry has lodged a protest with the Indian
Embassy through the Foreign Ministry regarding the incident,
the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India