Nepali police detains 8 Indian security personnel
Kathmandu: Eight Indian security personnel
were briefly detained by Nepali police at Dodhara Chandani in
Kanchanpur district near the border for carrying arms inside
the country, a top official said on Saturday.
The arrested included a Police Sub-Inspector and seven
police constables, according to Home Ministry spokesman
But after preliminary investigations, they were handed
over to the Indian security forces.
During interrogation, the Indian policemen said they had
no idea that they had crossed into Nepalese territory.
The Home Ministry has lodged a protest with the Indian
Embassy through the Foreign Ministry regarding the incident,
the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata