Nepali police detains 8 Indian security personnel
Kathmandu: Eight Indian security personnel
were briefly detained by Nepali police at Dodhara Chandani in
Kanchanpur district near the border for carrying arms inside
the country, a top official said on Saturday.
The arrested included a Police Sub-Inspector and seven
police constables, according to Home Ministry spokesman
But after preliminary investigations, they were handed
over to the Indian security forces.
During interrogation, the Indian policemen said they had
no idea that they had crossed into Nepalese territory.
The Home Ministry has lodged a protest with the Indian
Embassy through the Foreign Ministry regarding the incident,
the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’