Nepali police detains 8 Indian security personnel
Kathmandu: Eight Indian security personnel
were briefly detained by Nepali police at Dodhara Chandani in
Kanchanpur district near the border for carrying arms inside
the country, a top official said on Saturday.
The arrested included a Police Sub-Inspector and seven
police constables, according to Home Ministry spokesman
But after preliminary investigations, they were handed
over to the Indian security forces.
During interrogation, the Indian policemen said they had
no idea that they had crossed into Nepalese territory.
The Home Ministry has lodged a protest with the Indian
Embassy through the Foreign Ministry regarding the incident,
the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP