NESO appeals to PM, HM to provide security
Itanagar: The North East Students Organisation (NESO), umbrella organization of different Students Unions of the region appealed to the Centre and respective state governments for immediate effective measures for mental, physical and social security of the NE people all over the country.
NESO, in a communique, on Friday demanded intervention of the Prime Minister and Home Minister for ensuring proper security to the people of the north east.
Considerable number of people from NE states stay away from their homes in different cities of the country. A large number of students and employable persons from NE have to migrate to other parts of the country, due to lack of adequate academic and employment facilities locally, it said.
The apex students` body of the region described frequent incidents of "discrimination, atrocities and killing" of NE people and the present panic situation of fleeing various cities for fear of life as very "unfortunate."
Questioning as to why the NE people are discriminated, NESO demanded that the PM must be "accountable" to the NE being the representative. Manmohan Singh is a member of the Rajya Sabha from Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Far right FN party calls for French "Frexit" referendum on EU
- Congress seeks disqualification of MLCs who defected to TRS
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan, Deepika Padukone have a gala time! SEE pic
- After Brexit victory, India says will strive to strengthen ties with UK, EU both
- Tusk says EU `determined to keep our unity as 27` after Brexit