NESO appeals to PM, HM to provide security
Itanagar: The North East Students Organisation (NESO), umbrella organization of different Students Unions of the region appealed to the Centre and respective state governments for immediate effective measures for mental, physical and social security of the NE people all over the country.
NESO, in a communique, on Friday demanded intervention of the Prime Minister and Home Minister for ensuring proper security to the people of the north east.
Considerable number of people from NE states stay away from their homes in different cities of the country. A large number of students and employable persons from NE have to migrate to other parts of the country, due to lack of adequate academic and employment facilities locally, it said.
The apex students` body of the region described frequent incidents of "discrimination, atrocities and killing" of NE people and the present panic situation of fleeing various cities for fear of life as very "unfortunate."
Questioning as to why the NE people are discriminated, NESO demanded that the PM must be "accountable" to the NE being the representative. Manmohan Singh is a member of the Rajya Sabha from Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement