NESO demands security, safety of NE people in Delhi, NCR
Guwahati: The North East Students Organisation on Friday demonstrated before the Raj Bhavan here demanding justice for Arunachal Pradesh student Nido Taniam and security and safety to the Northeast people in Delhi and the NCR region.
The members of the apex body of student organisations in the North East also condemned the rape in Munirka in Delhi on February 7 of a minor girl from Mizoram settled in Manipur, during the protests this morning.
The protesters shouted slogans and held up placards reading `PM`s silence is unhelpful`, `Hang the killers of Nido`, `We need anti-racism law`, `Stop Racism and racial discrimination`, `Stop atrocities against North-East students in Delhi`.
NESO chairman Samuel Jeora, NESO and AASU adviser Dr Samujjal Bhattacharjee among other student leaders demanded that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who represented Assam and the region in Parliament, to ensure security and safety of the people of the North East in Delhi and NCR region.
They also said that NESO would soon meet the Prime Minister and Union Home Minister on issues of North East students in Delhi and NCR region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed