‘Netaji couldn’t have died in plane crash’
Varanasi: The mystery over Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose refuses to die down as a man claiming to be his driver said that he ferried him to Burma and Thailand border four months after the plane crash in which he presumably died.
The107-year-old driver, Nizamuddin, who claims to be a member of Netaji’s Azad Hind Fauj lives in Islampura, Bilariyaganj, in Azamgarh district.
Nizamuddin also claimed that he spent four years with Netaji after joining the Azad Hind Fauj in 1942.
According to newspaper reports, Nizamuddin said that he was sure that Netaji was not killed in the plane crash in 1945. "How can it be possible when I had dropped him by the car on the banks of Sitangpur river near the border of Burma and Thailand about three-four months after the incident of plane crash?" he wondered.
Nonetheless, he seemed to be clueless about what happened after he dropped Netaji on the riverbank. He claimed that he had insisted on accompanying Netaji but was commanded to return with a promise of meeting again in Independent India.
He also recalled his meeting with Swami, a close associate of Netaji, over 10 years ago.
Swami was in regular touch with Netaji. According to the repatriation certificate issued in favour of Nizamuddin, Swami (full name SV Swami) was the chairman of the Relief and Repatriation Council, Ex Azad Hind Fauj and Allied Organisation, Rangoon.
It is the only document Nizamuddin has with him that shows his association with Azad Hind Fauj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...