Netaji was scientist, environmentalist: Ramesh
Kolkata: Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh on Monday said that Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose was also a "planner, scientist and environmentalist".
"Netaji was a versatile genius whose many other facets have sadly been not studied much. We mostly know his contribution as a nationalist but people need to know about his immense contribution to the country as a planner, scientist and environmentalist," said Ramesh.
Ramesh was here on the occasion of Bose`s 115 birth anniversary celebrated at the Netaji Bhavan here.
"Netaji`s thoughts were far ahead of his time and still continue to be relevant," the minister said.
"His association with (astrophysicist) Meghnad Saha and (engineer and statesman) M Vishveshwariya not only contributed towards the creation of the Damodar Valley Corp but also the need for and use of developing scientific temper."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents