Netaji was scientist, environmentalist: Ramesh
Kolkata: Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh on Monday said that Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose was also a "planner, scientist and environmentalist".
"Netaji was a versatile genius whose many other facets have sadly been not studied much. We mostly know his contribution as a nationalist but people need to know about his immense contribution to the country as a planner, scientist and environmentalist," said Ramesh.
Ramesh was here on the occasion of Bose`s 115 birth anniversary celebrated at the Netaji Bhavan here.
"Netaji`s thoughts were far ahead of his time and still continue to be relevant," the minister said.
"His association with (astrophysicist) Meghnad Saha and (engineer and statesman) M Vishveshwariya not only contributed towards the creation of the Damodar Valley Corp but also the need for and use of developing scientific temper."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog