Netaji was scientist, environmentalist: Ramesh
Kolkata: Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh on Monday said that Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose was also a "planner, scientist and environmentalist".
"Netaji was a versatile genius whose many other facets have sadly been not studied much. We mostly know his contribution as a nationalist but people need to know about his immense contribution to the country as a planner, scientist and environmentalist," said Ramesh.
Ramesh was here on the occasion of Bose`s 115 birth anniversary celebrated at the Netaji Bhavan here.
"Netaji`s thoughts were far ahead of his time and still continue to be relevant," the minister said.
"His association with (astrophysicist) Meghnad Saha and (engineer and statesman) M Vishveshwariya not only contributed towards the creation of the Damodar Valley Corp but also the need for and use of developing scientific temper."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Vijender Singh pleads for an end to Indian boxing's administrative mess
- Olympics 2016: PM Narendra Modi to flag off 'Run for Rio' event on July 31
- Here's how Parineeti Chopra-Varun Dhawan rehearsed for 'Janemann Aah' from 'Dishoom' ! Watch video
- Turkey frees 1,200 soldiers detained after coup bid: Prosecutor
- Munich gunman 'deranged', had no links to Islamic State: Police