Never said Arvind Kejriwal is corrupt: Anna Hazare
Zee Media Bureau
Ralegan Siddhi/New Delhi: Social activist Anna Hazare on Wednesday claimed that there was a conspiracy to malign both him and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal, after a video emerged showing the former criticising the latter.
“There is a conspiracy to malign both me and Arvind,” Hazare said, adding he has never called Kejriwal “corrupt”.
When asked about the video, Hazare said he only wanted a clarification from Kejriwal on funds collected by the India Against Corruption (IAC).
“I never said Kejriwal is corrupt,” the Gandhian said, adding there was no rift with Kejriwal and that he would write to him again.
Regarding his statement that AAP should not misuse his name, Hazare said he was upset that his name was used in connection with SIM cards used to collect funds for IAC.
Further, Hazare said he has not used even Rs 5 of the funds raised during the Lokpal agitation.
The activist called on people to vote for a candidate with character, asking them not to look at the parties.
“Goondas and corrupt people should not be sent to Parliament,” he added.
Kejriwal today said he was saddened at the December 12 video in which Hazare had reportedly shown displeasure with the way IAC funds were being misused.
“We have said we are open to any kind of probe,” Kejriwal said. “If there is corruption of even Rs 5, I will not contest the elections,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final
- Playing with lives of soldiers? Jawans in Siachen may have been given substandard snow suits to fight -60 deg C
- Euro 2016: Spain veteran Iker Casillas hints at retirement after team's defeat against Italy
- Jailed ex-MP Shahabuddin shifted to AIIMS