Never said Arvind Kejriwal is corrupt: Anna Hazare
Zee Media Bureau
Ralegan Siddhi/New Delhi: Social activist Anna Hazare on Wednesday claimed that there was a conspiracy to malign both him and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal, after a video emerged showing the former criticising the latter.
“There is a conspiracy to malign both me and Arvind,” Hazare said, adding he has never called Kejriwal “corrupt”.
When asked about the video, Hazare said he only wanted a clarification from Kejriwal on funds collected by the India Against Corruption (IAC).
“I never said Kejriwal is corrupt,” the Gandhian said, adding there was no rift with Kejriwal and that he would write to him again.
Regarding his statement that AAP should not misuse his name, Hazare said he was upset that his name was used in connection with SIM cards used to collect funds for IAC.
Further, Hazare said he has not used even Rs 5 of the funds raised during the Lokpal agitation.
The activist called on people to vote for a candidate with character, asking them not to look at the parties.
“Goondas and corrupt people should not be sent to Parliament,” he added.
Kejriwal today said he was saddened at the December 12 video in which Hazare had reportedly shown displeasure with the way IAC funds were being misused.
“We have said we are open to any kind of probe,” Kejriwal said. “If there is corruption of even Rs 5, I will not contest the elections,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- 'Mann Ki Baat': PM Narendra Modi to address nation today, may talk to Army jawans
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015