New Army doctrine likely in two-front war with China, Pak
New Delhi: Army`s military doctrine of five
years is undergoing a makeover to include scenarios such as a
two-front simultaneous war with both China and Pakistan.
The new doctrine, which is reviewed every five years at
the Army`s Shimla-based Training Command, is also expected to
spell out tactics and means to fight asymmetric,
fourth-generation warfare waged by both state and non-state
actors such as terror attacks and proxy wars.
That apart, it would also look at ways to enhance the
strategic reach of the Army and joint operations with the Navy
and the Air Force.
For the purpose, the Army held a day-long closed door
seminar in the Capital this week in which think-tanks and
strategic experts brainstormed on the issues concerning the
armed forces in general and the Army in particular, Army
officers said today.
The Training Command has already begun reworking on the
doctrine to include the new developments in the different
areas of warfare and to reflect on the new threat perceptions
and security challenges, officers said.
"The review is going on, but the document is not yet
finalised. The review is mandated every five years," officers
Apart from analysing military strategies and doctrines of
China and Pakistan, the Army is also picking out lessons
relevant for India from US` and NATO`s Operation Enduring
Freedom in Afghanistan launched in 2001 and Operation Iraqi
Freedom in 2003, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow