New batch passes out from Army Aviation Training School
Nashik: Thirty-two Army officers today passed out of the aviation training school here after completing a 17-week course.
They will join the Army Aviation Corps (AAC) as combat helicopter pilots.
These officers underwent rigorous training at the Army Aviation Training School (CATS) here in North Maharashtra and were part of the 19th batch of the premier institute. CATS is the only institute that trains helicopter pilots for the Army.
Captain Akshay Ghorpade was adjudged best candidate overall and won the `Silver Cheetah` trophy at the hands of Lt Gen K Surendranath, Chief of Staff of Pune-based Southern Command, who was chief guest at the passing out ceremony.
The ceremony was attended by senior Army officials and civilian dignitaries, among others.
Captains Vivek Kaushal, Ashish Sharma and Rohan Saxena were also awarded trophies for excellence in different categories.
The ceremony was marked by a combat aviation demonstration by the mainstay helicopters of AAC - Cheetah, Chetak and Dhruv. The spectacular air show by the aviators was the high point of the function.
AAC, a combat arm of Army, is expanding at a rapid pace and is poised to modernise with requirements of future battlefield. The Corps, which completed 26 years of existence on November 1, 2012, is undoubtedly the ultimate force multiplier, a key combat enabler and a vital fighting arm of the Army, a defence release said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis
- Uttarakhand Board Class 12th Examination Results 2016: (uaresults.nic.in) Uttarakhand Board (UK) Class 12th Results 2016, Uttarakhand Class 12 Results 2016 to be declared today