New bench constituted in SC to monitor and hear 2G scam
New Delhi: Chief Justice of India P Sathasivam has constituted a new bench to hear all cases pertaining to 2G scam after Justice GS Singhvi, who has been hearing for the last three years on irregularities in the allocation of spectrum, expressed his desire to be relieved in view of his retirement in December.
Justice Singhvi, who is to retire on December 11, has written to Chief Justice saying he has just two months left for retirement and has to complete a huge lot of judicial work pending with him in the short span left.
A new bench comprising Justices HL Dattu and KS Radhakrishnan will hear the case which was earlier being heard by a bench of justices Singhvi and Radhakrishnan.
There are various issues still to be decided by the apex court including the various application filed by different accused challenging trial court order of framing charge sheets against them.
It will also decide Bharti Airtel chief Sunil Mittal`s plea against the trial court order summoning him as an accused in the 2G scam case. The bench will also monitor the CBI probe into alleged involvement of former telecom minister Dayanidhi Maran in the Aircel-Maxis deal.
The cases pertaining to 2G scam was first heard by bench of Justice Singhvi and Justice AK Ganguly(since retired) and it had quashed the 122 licences granted during former telecom minister A Raja`s tenure, in its judgement on February 2 last year.
After the retirement of Justice Ganguly, a special bench of Justices Singhvi and Radhakrishnan was constituted which has been hearing the matter since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared