New CBI zonal office in Mumbai soon
New Delhi: The CBI will soon have a new 10-storey office building in the heart of Mumbai. The foundation stone for the Western Divisional Office of CBI will be laid at the Bandra-Kurla Complex area in Mumbai on October 16.
Minister of State for Personnel and Training Prithviraj Chavan and CBI Director Ashwini Kumar on Friday met Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan to formally invite him for the event.
The Chief Minister said that the state government had allotted the land for the office sometime back. Currently, the Central Bureau of Investigation functions from Tanna House, a heritage building near the Gateway of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list