New Delhi offers cheapest club sandwich in world
Washington: Relish club sandwiches? You should head for New Delhi which offers them at the cheapest rates in the world while Paris has the most expensive ones, according to a global survey by an online travel service.
Paris, often thought of as the world`s most romantic city, has just been deemed the most expensive city in the world to order a club sandwich by Hotels.Com.
The least expensive cities for a club sandwich from all 30 global cities surveyed are New Delhi, India and Mexico City, Mexico, with the average price coming in at just USD 10.
A standard lunch available in hotels worldwide, was used as a universal measure of affordability in the Hotels.Com Club Sandwich Index (CSI).
The CSI average price has been calculated by taking the real prices paid by guests for a club sandwich within 1,000 five, four and three-star hotels located in popular travel destinations across 26 countries, with 10 US cities measured.
Geneva offers the second most expensive club sandwich at USD 32.56, followed by Oslo at USD 30.50. New Delhi was cheapest at USD 9.57. New York`s club sandwiches are at USD 16.93.
This standard lunch fare is known for its popularity among hotel restaurants worldwide where it has been a staple since the 1800s, a statement by the online travel service said.
Within the US, it is no surprise that New York City is home to the most expensive club sandwich prices due to the city`s reputation for an expensive cost of living.
In London, the top overseas destination for Americans, a club sandwich costs an average of USD 19, making the city ninth on the CSI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Elderly woman found murdered in Delhi
- IAF's mising AN-32 transporter: Satellites provide pointers, but no signs of aircraft yet
- Harsimrat writes to RS chairman for action on Jairam, Renuka
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs