New head of Darul Uloom appointed
Lucknow: Maulana Gulam Mohammad Vastanwi was appointed the head of Darul Uloom, Deoband, a leading Islamic seminary, on Monday.
A meeting of Majlis-e-Shoora chose Mohammad Vastanwi of Gujarat as the Mohatamin (head) of the seminary, Deputy Mohtamin Maulana Khalid Madrasi said.
Prior to his new assignment, Mohammad Vastanwi was a member of the seminary`s managing body.
The post fell vacant following the death of Maulana Marghubur Rehman on December eight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'